Thu, 06 Apr|
Barista Skills and Understanding (Mar 2023)
Get ready for work as a barista with this introductory course. Our 2-night course will give you the basic skills and knowledge to work as a barista.
Time & Location
06 Apr, 4:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Woodend, 47 Forest St, Woodend VIC 3442, Australia
About the Event
Baristas don’t make coffee, they create it! Come and master the art of coffee with this hands-on course where you will learn the history of coffee, how to prepare a range of espresso coffees, texturing milk correctly, coffee machine operation, coffee presentation, using the coffee grinder and cleaning & maintenance of equipment.
This course is a base understanding about coffee and barista skills. It is offered in a classroom with a variety of machines for demonstration and practice.
What will we cover?
- Understand a brief overview of coffee history
- Prepare and present a range of espresso coffees
- How to texture milk
- Understand coffee machine operations
- Use of a coffee grinder
- Cleaning and maintenance of coffee making equipment
- Basic coffee roasting
Who will be teaching?
- This course will be run by experienced tutor Bill, who has over 30 years’ experience in the hospitality sector.
Term 1 2023 information
Barista Training is suitable for those aged 15 years and over. The course will have a maximum of 8 people and run over two nights at the Woodend Neighbourhood House:
- Thursday 30 March: 4.30pm - 8pm
- Thursday 6 April: 4.30pm - 8pm