At Woodend Neighbourhood House, we offer courses, workshops, and spaces to hire.
We’re big on building activities to connect the Woodend community, and supporting our local volunteer groups to have a go. It’s a fun place to be!
Premier Daniel Andrews announced that from 11.59pm on Sunday, August 2, face coverings will become mandatory for regional Victorians. So if you are visiting the house or attending a program please wear a mask, the house will have limited masks available for a small fee of $5.
Update on COVID Precautions – 30 July 2020
The Woodend Neighbourhood House has made the decision to open in a reduced capacity. Staff will be working physically in the House during normal hours, by appointment. So it is fine to come down if you are attending a group that has been approved to run, or have organised to meet a staff member.
If you would like to visit, but are unsure whether it is alright, please give us a call on 5427 1845 or email [email protected]
If any users would like help with the possibility of setting up an alternative online delivery method for their services or you wish to put your name down to assist those who need it. Patrick using [email protected]
How to reduce your risk of coronavirus from the Victorian Department of Health
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Stay at home if you feel sick. If you take medication make sure you have enough.
- Phone your doctor or the hotline – 1800 675 398 – if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep.
- Wearing a face mask is not necessary but advised.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
We recommend checking directly with the organiser of any activity to obtain information on whether it is running and if there are special additional precautions.
Further information about Covid-19 is available here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
BeyondBlue have also developed some recommendations for looking after your mental health during this period. https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak
We thank you for your help and understanding during these challenging times. If you have any concerns of questions regarding these changes please call us on 5427 1845. The House will continue to work remotely and will endeavour to keep you up to date with any changes to the House over the coming weeks. We also thank our very kind and generous community for coming together to support each other.