At Woodend Neighbourhood House, we offer courses, workshops, and spaces to hire.
We’re big on building activities to connect the Woodend community, and supporting our local volunteer groups to have a go. It’s a fun place to be!
Update on COVID Precautions – 27 May 2021
Due to the increase in cases and exposure sites, the State Government has announced a seven-day circuit breaker lockdown. This commenced at 11.59pm 27 May and is expected to end on 11.59pm on 3 June.
Woodend Neighbourhood House is now closed to the public until Friday 4 June.
Staff will be working remotely over this period.
We have food and personal care items available should anyone find themselves requiring and we have some knitted goods available should anyone need help in keeping warm over this time.
Should you need any support, whether it be support getting supplies, emotional support, essential printing / photocopying or anything else please contact us via email: [email protected] or by calling the house on 5427 1845, this is a completely confidential service.
On behalf of the staff and committee of Woodend Neighbourhood house please take care and Stay Safe.
How to reduce your risk of coronavirus from the Victorian Department of Health
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Stay at home if you feel sick. If you take medication make sure you have enough.
- Phone your doctor or the hotline – 1800 675 398 – if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep.
- Wearing a face mask is not necessary but advised.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
We recommend checking directly with the organiser of any activity to obtain information on whether it is running and if there are special additional precautions.
Further information about Covid-19 is available here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
BeyondBlue have also developed some recommendations for looking after your mental health during this period. https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak
We thank you for your help and understanding during these challenging times. If you have any concerns of questions regarding these changes please call us on 5427 1845. The House will continue to work remotely and will endeavour to keep you up to date with any changes to the House over the coming weeks. We also thank our very kind and generous community for coming together to support each other.