At Woodend Neighbourhood House, we offer courses, workshops, and spaces to hire.
We’re big on building activities to connect the Woodend community, and supporting our local volunteer groups to have a go. It’s a fun place to be!
Woodend Neighbourhood House
Update on COVID Precautions – 19 March 2020
The Woodend Neighbourhood House has made the decision to close Reception from Monday 23 March 2020. From Monday, no Staff or Volunteers will be working physically in the House during normal hours. Staff will be working from home, so phone, email and internet enquiries will be handled as normal.
If any users would like help with the possibility of setting up an alternative online delivery method for their services could they please contact Patrick using [email protected]
How to reduce your risk of coronavirus from the Victorian Department of Health
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Stay at home if you feel sick. If you take medication make sure you have enough.
- Phone your doctor or the hotline – 1800 675 398 – if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep.
- Wearing a face mask is not necessary if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
We recommend checking directly with the organiser of any activity to obtain information on whether it is running and if there are special additional precautions.
Further information about Covid-19 is available here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
BeyondBlue have also developed some recommendations for looking after your mental health during this period. https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak
We thank you for your help and understanding during these challenging times. If you have any concerns of questions regarding these changes please call us on 5427 1845. The House will continue to work remotely and will endeavour to keep you up to date with any changes to the House over the coming weeks. We also thank our very kind and generous community for coming together to support each other.