Woodend Neighbourhood House

HouseDid you know we can now take donations and give you a tax receipt?

As the end of the financial year approaches we are excited to share the news that Neighbourhood Houses across Australia have now been granted Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status. This means that any donation of $2 or more to a Neighbourhood House is tax deductible.

Donations and tax receipts are administered centrally through the national peak body for Neighbourhood Houses ANHCA (Australian Neighbourhood Houses and Centres Association).  Each donor can specify where they would like the funds to go, so please nominate Woodend Neighbourhood House!

To make a donation please download this form and either transfer funds into the ANCHA bank or send them a cheque.  They will then forward you a receipt (if the donation is over $20) and send us the funds.

If you have any more questions after reading these please contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions… and answers

Can it be an in-kind donation rather than cash and cash the organisation or individual get a tax deductible receipt?

All donations need to be paid into the ANHCA bank account and receipted by ANHCA in order for a legitimate tax receipt to be issued. They are not able to accept in kind donations.

Can a donation be to enable the House to stay open or does it have to be for specific projects?

Donations can be received to support the current activities of the organisation eg assist to support activities that reduce social isolation, support community activities, offset costs to ensure activities and opportunities are affordable for your community

How long it will take to get a receipt?

Receipts will be issued within 14 days.

Does Woodend Neighbourhood House receive confirmation of my donation?

Yes, they receive notification from ANHCA Public Fund.

Can we send funds directly to your bank or do they have to be a cheque?

Funds can be paid to ANHCA by direct deposit. Donations need to be paid to ANHCA  and they will issue a tax receipt.